A few words from Derek & Vanessa
If you are new to the Park; welcome. We hope are enjoying living here. Please remember that the speed limit is 30 KM throughout the park. If you have people coming to visit please remind them of this fact.
The long-awaited warmer weather is upon us and so is forest fire season! We have all been subjected to very smoky conditions outside, which brings to mind the following: currently in the Town of Stony Plain there is no fire ban but having said that there are rules to follow when having a fire in Town. Legal Fire Pits are okay to burn in. For a description of “Legal Fire Pits” please visit the Town’s website at townofstonyplain.com or pop into the office. For example, they must have a fire screen.
General Information & Community Events
Another good way of getting connected is to visit the Town of Stony Plain website. There are lots of great activities going on in our Town such as the Canada Day Celebrations on July 1st and the Mural unveiling on July 18, not to mention the Outdoor Movie on August 15th. The Town does so much for resident involvement and it’s great. Stony Plain’s Lets Eat is another great way to meet other residents so check out their website.
What a great weekend we had for our Community Garage Sale. We had over thirty participants this year. All in all, I think the response that we had from people who were involved was mainly positive. We partnered this year with the Diabetes Foundation and they were so happy with all the leftover “stuff” that was brought to the office. What a great way to support children with diabetes! We would love to continue to get better and better with this Community Event so if you have some ideas for next year please let the office know.
Our Beautiful Yard Competition is on once again. We choose three homes that display an array of lovely flowers and basic yard neatness. We also look for the most improved yard. I was driving around the other day and you are not making the job of the judges easy! There are a lot of gorgeous yards out there.
DOG POOP!!! CLEAN IT UP!! My goodness, I shouldn’t have to keep repeating myself, but seriously have some respect for others that use the park.
I have noticed that there are some yards that require attention. Please keep your dandelions under control and your grass cut. If you need advice on weed killer, please contact the office. We have some names of brands that we’ve had success with.
Speed and loud mufflers also remain a problem. Please don’t speed and please watch out for pedestrians.
- The Tenancy Agreement Review: From time to time we need to remind Tenants about the Tenancy Agreement that they signed upon moving into the Park. A couple of issues always get brought up and I thought I would do a recap of some of the important issues.
- Additions/sheds/garages/fencing: A written request including drawings need to be forwarded to the landlord for approval. Fences are to be in chain link. Permits must be obtained from the Town of Stony Plain if applies.
- Maintenance: Tenants will keep their home and lot in a state of good repair. All defects must be addressed in 15 days. If the Landlord must rectify then all costs will be forwarded to the Tenant.
- Recreational Vehicles: Motorhomes, 5th wheels and pull behind trailers etc., including boats, utility trailers, flat deck trailers will only be allowed on the lot for 24 hours only. These types of vehicles that remain for longer than 48 hours will be issued a notice. If you happen to be doing some reno’s and need to have a POD or trailer on your lot, please let the office know and we can make some arrangements.
- Assignment of Lease: The Tenant shall not transfer or assign this agreement or any interest herein without the written consent of the Landlord. Lease is not transferable, and your home cannot be rented out.
Odds & Ends:
- If you have received a letter from the Management that you are not happy with, please come in and discuss it with us. Our office will not tolerate verbal abuse. Verbal abuse will be forwarded to the RCMP to be dealt with.
- We have baby geese. Please be careful when driving by the ponds. Sometimes these little monkeys create traffic jams in the Park.
- Phone numbers: If you no longer have a landline please let the office know. If your number has changed please let us know.
Once again I would like to thank you all for keeping your homes and yards beautiful. You make our Community a truly special place to live.